Re: [Evolution] Duplicate Messages

On 24 Dec 2000 15:19:00 -0200, Ali Abdin wrote:
What usually happens when somebody sends me email is that they mail me,
and CC a mailing list or two. This has the same msg-id. The first mail
that arrives will enter the msg-id cache, and then the next message will
find it's msg-id in the cache and be deleted. The msg-id then disappears
from the cache after a short while (when another 16kb of msg-id's gets
accumulated (this happens very quickyl since I get ~100 mails a day)).

So, the issue with this is a security one.  If you want to prevent
someone from seeing an email, you just make sure to send them a message
with the same msg-id before the original message.

Anyway, as a 'safety' precuation, you'll notice that the duplicate mails
go into a duplicate folder (just in case there is a fluke, and we get
two DIFFERENT msg's with the same msg-id in the same day).

This doesn't completely fix the issue.  Even if the message is still
around, it's not completely clear that you would notice it there.  You
would still not see it by default.

I would very much like to see a feature like this as well.  I just wish
I knew a good way to support it.

Thanks,
   Chris