Re: [Evolution] Problems with mail display

On 18 Dec 2000 16:04:36 +0100, José Manuel Nunes wrote:
Thank you by your help.
export LC_ALL=fi_FI
in the /etc/environment file (if it does not exist, create it by root,
but make sure it is read enabled)

Exit the session, and enter again. Also make sure that you make a killev
before closing the session.
The file was there and  I've made changes (several locales) and even restarted gnome but no effect (in my
first tries i'd changed locale and restarted evolution from shell).
But I've have to say that the composer works ok as long as i use pre (which is the case as i prefer non
html mail).
The other point is that if i copy and then paste the "invisible" text in another window (in case an xterm)
the text is readable.
Also in the composer changing from * to pre makes prevously typed "invisible" text visible.

Is this also your case?

Yes!

Exactly as you described, I can insert 8-bit characters in pre -mode
(which I have not even noticed before..
<blush>) and, when changed to pre, the invisible chars appear !

Now the äöå-characters work like they should. And, this is just what I need -- can I make
the pre-setting a default mode? (I moved to Evolution from GNUS)

Thanks for your help!

I guess that the problem still exists, though, in every mode other than pre...

Markus