Re: [Evolution] 8 bit characters problem back ?

On 11-Dec-2000 Larry Ewing wrote:

HTML mail doesn't show the accented chars correctly, instead it shows
chars like: "ó" instead of ó, "í" instead of í, etc. This only happens
with HTML mail and composing mail with HTML, however, if you answer a
mail as plain text, the chars appears fine.

I have seen and know what is causing the trouble with the display of
html messages with 8 bit characters and I hope to get it fixed in the
next couple of days.  I am not sure I understand what you mean about the
composer having the same problem.  Do you mean that messages that
display improperly in the mail view also display improperly when you
reply to them, or do you mean that you cannot enter extended characters
and send them to others properly?

Sorry, I wrote the mail in a rush. I didn't try to actually input accented
chars in a html composed mail. What I did was replying a html mail with the 8bit
problem commented above: when HTML compose was active, the mail appeared with
the same problems as on the message-view-window, but if I wrote the
mails as plain text, the 8bit chars got displayed correctly. The mail quoted
above was sent like that, and you can see, the even the estrange "ó" got
encoded correctly, showing that plain text mail are well capable of encoding
8bit without problems.

I will try to see what happens with the input this evening (my evo-cvs version
is at home)

BTW, I'll keep an eye on the changelog to see when the 8bit problem is fixed,
just to inform you that everything goes fine. You can count on me to test
further things.

Cesar

Cesar Talon         email: <Cesar Talon <cesar talon uam es>>
Laboratorio de Bajas Temperaturas / Dpto.Física de la Materia condensada
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid / Cantoblanco, E-28049 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 397 4756 /  Fax:   +34 91 397 3961

The flush toilet is the basis of Western civilization.
                -- Alan Coult