Re: [Evolution] 8 bit characters problem back ?

On 10 Dec 2000 18:29:30 +0100, César Talón wrote:

The problem with gtkhtml that stops showing the rest of a line from an
accented chars is still there if you don't have the locales right. For
me the only way of making it work directly was using my locale in
/etc/environment, regardless of the gdm language setting. With that
setted up, everything works fine, except html mail.

I'm glad to hear that plain text is working now.

HTML mail doesn't show the accented chars correctly, instead it shows
chars like: "ó" instead of ó, "í" instead of í, etc. This only happens
with HTML mail and composing mail with HTML, however, if you answer a
mail as plain text, the chars appears fine.

I have seen and know what is causing the trouble with the display of
html messages with 8 bit characters and I hope to get it fixed in the
next couple of days.  I am not sure I understand what you mean about the
composer having the same problem.  Do you mean that messages that
display improperly in the mail view also display improperly when you
reply to them, or do you mean that you cannot enter extended characters
and send them to others properly?

--Larry