Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Weekly Feature Request Summary (12/6)

No not really, locking is one thing, the summary is another.  It seriously
will not work.

I think people mean have the mail added to the message-list when it's arrived,
not at the end of everything. I'm not sure how useful this would be, because
you can't do anything with the mails till they've all downloaded (unlike Outlook
where you can still read emails as they're downloading)

Ahh ok, yes that would be nice.

Maybe when/if we get mt done, it would be possible.  Certainly the
message-list stuff can mostly handle incremental updates like this
ok now (only inserts on a big thread-view are slow, and even then
its got to be a big list).

  I think we can do this without MT.  We can just have an external
process downloading mail and reporting new messages back to the main
evolution-mail process.

  Actually, now that we have some kind of locking support in Camel,
maybe it could just append messages to the mailboxes with locking and
evolution-mail would pick them up automatically?

  I think this is a very worthwhile feature to have for 1.0.
Downloading mail is such a pain, especially over a modem...

--
Ettore