Asynchronous mail download [was Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Weekly Feature Request Summary (12/6)]

On 08 Dec 2000 20:44:34 -0500, NotZed wrote:
No not really, locking is one thing, the summary is another.  It seriously
will not work.

  Uh, OK.  :-)

  We can still use CORBA interfaces to report that new messages are
arriving though.  The mailer would just keep listening to these CORBA
updates, and incorporate mail "on the fly" as it comes in.  Well, we
could even just use a pipe for this.

  Incorporation could be done in the Camel thread without messing up the
UI too much.

--
Ettore