Re: [Evolution] Feature Requests

On 07 Dec 2000 10:26:18 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
\> > #2
Currently (0.6), when I move from message to message in an imap folder,
evolution immediately tries to fetch the message.  If I'm navigating by
keyboard and trying to get say, 10 messages down -- this is sorta painful.
Would it be possible to add a thresh-hold so that the focus needs to be
on a message for a few ms before evolution tries to fetch the message from
the server.

Hm... Outlook does this, and we decided it was really annoying
(because you don't see the message right away even when you DO want
to).

  One way to fix this is to allow e.g. Return to display the message
right away, while still keeping the threshold.

  I still think I'd pretty much prefere a system where the cursor is not
the same thing as the selection (as you say in the second part of your
follow-up), but this seems not to be a widely accepted way of doing
things...  So what I propose here sounds like a reasonable compromise to
me.

--
Ettore