Re: [Evolution] Strange CVS behavior???

On 6 Dec 2000, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

You probably got a server with an older revision the second time around.
There are 4 anoncvs servers and you get a random one each time...
This is probably a dumb question, but isn't the purpose of a system like
cvs to give you the latest version?.
I can see the point in a command like cvs update being interpreted as make
my copy of all files the same as on the server, but is there not a way to
add a proviso that files are not to be updated if they are newer than the
ones on the server?

Jeff