Re: [Evolution] GnomeCard import tool missing?

On 30 Aug 2000, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

Which brings forward this point - where is the GnomeCard import tool
mentioned in the announcement? I thought it was just missing in the
HelixCode package, so I took the trouble to download the source .tar.gz,
and - it's not there.

Or perhaps it's only stupid me not finding an obscure configuration
setting nested inside a menu somewhere...

Actually, we don't have an import framework in the gui yet.  The gnomecard
import is still a text only tool.

Unfortunately, it looks like the gnome card import facility wasn't getting
installed.  I just changed this in my copy.  I'll commit the change before
0.5.

If you download and compile the source, you'll find in
evolution-0.4.1/addressbook/backend/ebook/ a program
load-gnomecard-addressbook.  If you copy your gnomecard file into
gnomecard.vcf in the current directory, running load-gnomecard-addressbook
will copy the cards in your gnomecard file into your Contacts file.

Sorry about this.  It should at least be installed by 0.5.  There will
also be something much nicer for 1.0.  If there's no framework, I'll just
add a menu item to activate it.

Thanks,
   Chris