Re: [Evolution] Preliminary list of feature requests [Long]

Tom Musgrove said:

[feature list]

Hi guys -- the internet connection has been belly-up since the weekend, so
I'm just getting a chance to comment now. Here's rewrites & comments on
some of the features mentioned.

Feature: Allow display of message body in proportional font

Sure -- here's a redesc.

Feature: Allow display of message body in proportional font
plain-text (not HTML) message body display.  Fixed-width should only be
necessary to display "ASCII art".

Is this still a thumbs-down?  What I mean is
http://jmason.org/tmp/prop_samp.jpg vs
http://jmason.org/tmp/fixed_mail_samp.jpg .

Feature: Quick multiselect of messages
deselect unwanted messages
Requested by: Justin Mason [jm jmason org]

Actually, no, key-bindings are not necessarily part of the feature I had
in mind ;), I was thinking more a la ctrl-click, which doesn't seem to
work in ETable in 0.2 at least. So to rephrase the above:

Feature: Quick multiselect of messages
select a range of messages, and deselect unwanted messages

Feature: Delete sends to trash
current mailbox instead of doing a strike-through of the message
Requested by: Misty Linville [misty cybersource com]

Argh, I *like* the current behaviour!  Could that be made a configurable
setting? ;)

[Tom] > Feature: Document management and tracking
[NotZed] This really isn't part of a mailer/organiser.

BTW Tom any chance of putting the survey up on sourceforge/similar
sometime soon, to get an idea of relative popularities of the different
bits of functionality?

Cheers,

--j.