Re: [Evolution] RE: [Evolution-hackers] Feature request list organized

[Tom] > Feature: Document management and tracking

[NotZed] This really isn't part of a mailer/organiser.

Not part of an 'organizer'???? - It isn't part of the Outlook contact
manager.  But that isn't our end goal.  Miguels vision, as presented in a
couple of interviews does appear to be to make it a storage and management
facility for all relevant information, not just email.

Mind you the journal featuer of outlook can track all office files.  I
don't know about how usefull it is as I useally just start a timer for
various things.

I think Tom is right when he says that it belongs in an organizer, but I
expect some serious work needs to go into GNOME before Evolution can
support it.

I am of the opinion that the outlook journal is rather week on
useability, I should have a good hard look at it some time this week
perhapse.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss