Re: [Evolution] vfolders vs filters

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 08:54:12AM -0700, Adam Sleight wrote:
On Fri, 04 Aug 2000 22:23:12 +1000
 Ryan Heise <ryan whitewolf com au> wrote:

#I don't see the point of having real folders any more once you have
#vfolders. Sure, the current vfolder implementation doesn't allow you

100 or 200MB+ IMAP mbox folders make take a few seconds when
manipulating them (not good).  Having the ability to have many folders
reduces that time since it doesn't have to parse through a single 200MB
mbox file.

I think people will use what feels best to them. Personally the extra few
seconds is worth it but mileage may vary. "Real" folders and stores are
synonmous. "Real" folders are just physically mapped and any physicallly
mapped entity can become a storage facility. So you can't get rid of real
folders at all because to have a vfolder you have to have a "real" folder
to back it all up. It's a nice try though but I just don't see it happening
regardless of permance issues.

Giao