Re: [Evolution] vfolders vs filters

No its no good, the dialogues are alreayd different anyway.

Filtering can do other things that vfoldering can't, and vfoldering
can cover multiple folders and sources whereas filtering is just incoming
mail.

Wait till we also get scoring in there ...

To answer the original question, a vfolder is a dynamic query on a numbber
of mailboxes.  On disk they only take up the space to store the query
(very small), and so you can have many many vfolders, with overlapping
contents wihtout wasting disk space.  Filters on the other hand split
incoming mails (and eventualy outgoing) into multiple stores, and
any overlapping filters produce copies of messages in different locations.

And because vfoldeers are dynamic, you will eventually be able
to do things like "show me all mail from miguel in the last 30 days"
the sort of things you can't really do with filters.

 Michael