Re: [Evolution] Lost mail (yes yes, i know..)

Hi

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 07:17:32PM +1000, Brett wrote:
[snip]
So now I have some rather important mail sitting in
~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.
Fine, I say... I'll just copy it to /var/spool/mail/user, and
access it like that ( i need pine to process it and archive it
).  Whats this ?  Its not stored in mbox format, despite being
in a file called mbox ?
[snip]

Well, actually, it is in mbox format.  Pine/mutt/elm and some
other things just don't know it ;)  The "From " line that starts
each message in an mbox file is a different format to what these
programs expect.  To get the mbox back into something that pine
can read, have a look at my message about this from last month:
http://lists.helixcode.com/archives/public/evolution/2000-July/001399.html

Hope this helps.

P.S.  Maybe this should be added to the FAQ? :)

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies