Re: [Evolution] mail i18n issues

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

Dan Winship wrote:

Are there any standards/proposals/theories on the internationalization
of strings like

        On DATE, PERSON wrote:

These should be localized strings.

What if we localize this on the incoming side?  Specifically, we make the
string "On DATE, PERSON wrote:" show up translated.  We would also
tranlate DATE to use the translated month and day names (and in general
the locale's date format.)

This way, any messages from a default setup of evolution would show up
with these messages translated.  Messages from other mailers would have
the correct messages if they happened to use the same format, or if we
include translations for multiple formats.

    Chris