Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

Jeffrey P. Lanza wrote:

I may be stubborn about what I prefer in a mail reader, but if you can
show me the goods I can be convinced.  Give me an example of a reader that
can take a group of messages, forward them, and explode them such that on
the other end, each message still has a "From" field that matches the
original sender.

VM.  RMAIL.  Probably Z-Mail but I'm not sure.  I expect there are
others, but I haven't kept up on the nuances of the dinosaur
command-line mail readers in about a decade.

Hmm...  Maybe that's why I don't use a GUI mail reader.

See, if you had just said that up front, I would have stopped listening
to you then, and we wouldn't have had to go through all of this!

Jamie,

  See, this is exactly the attitude I'm talking about.  Are you being
sarcastic here, or do you really think that someone who uses Pine doesn't
have anything valuable to say with respect to Evolution?  I use Pine
because I've yet to see a GUI mail reader that has the functionality I
want.  I was hoping that Evolution would have that functionality, but I
can see that this is a lost cause with you on the project.

-Jeffrey