Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Dan Winship wrote:

Hi.

Here's what Evolution does/will do:

[snip]

There will be a "resend/bounce/remail" command. While "Resend" is the
RFC-appropriate name for this operation, it may be worthwhile to come
up with a name which more clearly states its intended purpose.
("Bounce" is no good: it implies "return to sender".) Regardless, the
command will not be placed in an easy-to-find location. I think
probably when you resend something, it will appear in the composer
read-only, and all you can do is enter recipients. (I haven't seen
anyone make a plausible argument for the use of "resend" that involved
editting the message, and doing it this way also makes it harder for
confused people to try to use it when they mean something else.)

Maybe an appropriate name for this action would be "redirect", since you
are basically just changing where the message was sent (like walking snail
mail over to the neighbor's after it lands in your box)

Ken

--
<>   Ken Scott   kscott pcisys net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

              This is the day that the Lord has made;
              I will rejoice and be glad in it!          -- Psalm 118:24