Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

Hi

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 08:38:28PM +0200, Christian Borup wrote:
u07ih abdn ac uk wrote:

[snip]
Only the private account can print emails, so if there's an
interesting mail on the list I can bounce it to the other
account and print it without having > in front of
everything.

But a forwarded message doesn't have to be mangled, in fact it
should just be forwarded as is in a message/rfc822 mimepart
(with headers and everything).  This way the original message
can be read, printed or even replied to.  Just because many
mail clients forward stuff wrongly, doesn't mean we need to
keep dooing so.

Ahhh, but one thing I really hate is the way Outlook does NOT
quote replies and forwards with '> '.

When someone replies to me using Outlook, I have to wade through
the whole thing trying to remember what I wrote and then figure
out which is theirs.  Outlook's option to put [Replier's Name]
infront of what they write, might make things slightly easier,
but I find the '> ' quoting MUCH cleaner and more readable.

The fact that they write the message with their stuff in a
different colour doesn't help me either.  Firstly, I think '> '
is still better.  Secondly, I don't have X running most of the
time.  I currently use Mutt for e-mail, so I can't see any
difference between the stuff I wrote and the stuff they wrote!

To me that's like creating a web site with large clickable
images and no text.  It would work with Netscape/IE etc., but
wouldn't be very nice in lynx/w3m etc.

If you want the e-mail to be complete and not have someone
comment on it, maybe attaching it as a message/rfc822 is OK, but
normally people reply to the things and then it's nice to be
able to distinguish what you said from their comments.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies