Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

Jeffrey P. Lanza wrote:

However, the bounce command still serves an important function
in that it passes the message along such that it still appears to come
from the original sender. On the other hand, forward is intended when
you want the target to know that you have looked over the message and
perhaps added comments.

When a message is forwarded to me with a message/rfc822 attachment, that
does not preclude me from replying to either the original sender, or the
forwarder.  If it is not easy for me to do both things, then my mail
reader is deficient.

Obscuring the fact that the message was forwarded/resent is bad, and
will cause embarassing mistakes.  Resending tends to obscure that far
more than forwarding does.

Stated another way: if I receive a message from some person, and that
message was NOT actually sent from that person to me, but I think that
it was, then that's not a feature, that's a bug.

If some third party was in the path of that message making it to my
mailbox, then that fact must be made abundantly clear.  Only forwarding
does this.  Resending does not.

(Please stop calling it "bounce", that means something else entirely.
These messages are "resent".)

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/