Re: [Evolution] smtp/imap/pop

I believe IMAP needs the most of love right now.  Dan Winship has
done some work, but it is not checked into the CVS.

I didn't do much work, and lots of things have changed since then, so
it's probably not worthwhile to copy from it.

I'd say work on the SMTP provider first. I'm in the process of
changing a bunch of store-related things, and the transport-related
changes are much smaller, so it will be easier to sync them later.

There might be someone else already doing that though, unless that was
you who mentioned it before...

Some particular things that will be changing in Camel "soon":

  Some of the camel-provider code will move into camel-session.

  CamelSession will cache stores and transports, and each CamelStore
  will cache its CamelFolders. (This is so that if you request the
  same folder twice you get the same object both times, rather than
  getting two separate objects trying to write to the same files like
  you do now.)

  CamelFolderSummary will probably be absorbed into CamelFolder.

  There are a number of bugs and design problems in the handling of
  headers in CamelMedium and its subclasses that need to be fixed.

  We really need to figure out the threading/async issues.

-- Dan