Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Tasks: 5. try - client generated xml data in imap folder

Hi Jens,

Am Donnerstag 01 September 2011, um 15:01:25 schrieb Jens Getreu:
> Hello Christian,
>
> (I answer you in English to leave a trace for other guys using
> evolution-kolab).

:-)

> I compiled you sources, everything went well without problems.
>
> You will find the result as (unofficial) Debian packages here:
>
> http://getreu.net/public/downloads/software/evolution-kolab/evolution-kolab
> -20110831-branch-dev_kc_speed/
>
>     evolution-kolab-dev_0.2.1_amd64.deb
>     evolution-kolab_0.2.1_amd64.deb

Okay, since not everyone will be able to follow my PS. in German, here's for
the rest of them:

I've sent an unofficial distribution tarball to Jens, who was kind enough to
compile it into a package for Debian/Squeeze. This tarball was generated from
the dev_kc_speed git branch and contains some speedup fixes (still much work
left to be done in that area) as well as a fix for a Horde data parsing issue.

Since I cannot currently increment the patchlevel, the tarball contains the
0.2.1 version information, but differs from the already-released one with the
same version. It will be a while (presumably end of September) before I can
release the next official version. Maybe I will do a tarball-only release (no
packaging) before that.

> I also had a first try. The todo list issue seems to be solved for me
> too and indeed things are a little faster. As my internet link is
> _very_ slow from here, it is better to use evolution in offline-mode
> and then switch back to online-mode for synchronisation.
> Especially browsing the calendar is much too slow.

To make up a little for evolution-kolab's intrinsic sluggishness(*), at least
your network connection to your Kolab server should be quick. :-) But yes,
using offline mode should be a suitable workaround for now.

> The whole seems to be quite stable. I will migrate my data on
> the kolab server and work with it!

Please be sure to make proper backups! While Kolab itself is much robust and
stable, evolution-kolab is still very young. Though we did not encounter a
case of data corruption or evolution-kolab otherwise eating our PIM
information yet, proper precaution should be taken when using evolution-kolab.

> Thanks a lot for your help!

Welcome.

> Kind regards
> Jens

(Bye)^2,

	Christian

(*) We're working on that

> Le jeudi 01 septembre 2011 à 09:57 +0200, Christian Hilberg a écrit :
> > Hallo Jens,
> >
> > Am Mittwoch 31 August 2011, um 23:18:58 schrieb Jens Getreu:
> > > Hallo Christian,
> > >
> > > ja bitte...
> >
> > Okay, hier kommt die Kiste.
> >
> > > 1 MB shouldn't be too much.
> >
> > Gut.
> >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Tervitades
> > >
> > > Jens
> >
> > Viele Grüße,
> >
> > 	Christian
> >
> > PS.: Der Tarball trägt zwar noch die Versionsnummer 0.2.1, unterscheidet
> > 	sich aber von dem veröffentlichten. Der Bugfix ist drin, und auch
> > 	schon einige Geschwindigkeitsverbesserungen. Allerdings kann ich
> > 	momentan die Versionsnummer noch nicht hochsetzen, das kommt erst
> > 	kurz vor dem tatsächlichen Release der nächsten Version. Du hast
> > 	jetzt einen Git-Abzug vom Branch dev_kc_speed vom 31.08.2011
> > 	(commit 39a87c4193bda87a7f284394870d16307cb35759) bzw. einen daraus
> > 	erstellten Distribution-Tarball.

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/