Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] How to debug evolution-kolab

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 11:35:49 Christian Hilberg wrote:

> We ourselves did not yet test evolution-kolab against Kolab 2.3.2, but our
> sponsor did, and there seemed to be no issues related to 2.2.4 vs. 2.3.2 so
> far. The testing against 2.3.2, however, was not much intense, so there
> might be issues which we are not yet aware of.

As the server maintainer I am pretty sure that nothing has changed for the
client.

> The need to set up every folder individually is due to limitations in the
> 2.30 Evolution implementation. We could have hacked around these issues,
> but we do not have the resources to do so. We can in no way compete with
> Kontact's user experience when using Kolab so far, Kontact has some
> developer years more on it's account than we have. :)

Don't worry, it's not that evolution-kolab looked particularily bad. kdepim
4.7.0 didn't work either despite of all the manpower they had put into the
Akonadi migration. ;)

(Any yes, before you ask: The server was fine)

> Debugging is possible by starting EDS (it consists of two factory
> processes, one for contacts, one for calendar) in a terminal with some
> environment variables set and checking the output. I'm about to create a
> wiki page for that (will be cut-and-paste from developer emails mostly, in
> German, translators welcome). I'll let you know once it is done.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Regards,
Christoph

--