Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking application of extensions and plugins for a software test installation

home/elfring/Projekte/Bau/Evolution/3.36.5/Probe/bin/evolution:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: undefined
symbol: wpe_fdo_initialize_shm

      Hi,
I've not much idea on this one. On the first look, it looks like a
mismatch of the development files and the binary files, or stale build
artifacts (then you might eventually rebuild), or some dependency
(possibly of the WebKitGTK) is old/new, or... You may ask Google or
your distribution maintainer, though the quickest workaround is
obvious, revert the package(s) update.

A search interface pointed an information source out like the following.

https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/991bcb22d589a162a01fbfec575db822775ae1ca#diff-3e53f4c6e21ed529d8dd27206dcc6d3690acac8ca670e40bbfe965043765d77eR232

I am unsure how software components will evolve further around calls
of the function “wpe_fdo_initialize_shm”.

git checkout 3.36.5

Why do you use obsolete version?

* This version is supported by a software distribution like “openSUSE Tumbleweed”.
  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE%3AFactory/evolution

* This selection adjusts system requirements for a test approach.
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/3.36.5/CMakeLists.txt#L6

* Would you become interested in back-porting any changes?

                                 If you are going to propose patches,
then you should follow the main development branch, which is called
'master' here. That will also make sure your patches will apply cleanly
to the development version.

This will happen for other software development approaches.

I'm done with this thread. Do not expect additional answers from me.

I hope that other contributors might get into the mood to be a bit more helpful
for desired improvements around software test possibilities.

Regards,
Markus