Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking application of extensions and plugins for a software test installation

On Mon, 2020-11-02 at 17:32 +0100, Markus Elfring wrote:
Do you use a command like “DESTDIR=Test cmake --install
build_directory” for this purpose?

        Hi,
I use what is written on the wiki page. I guess I mentioned that in my
previous mail.

If you do not want to follow that wiki, then, I believe, it doesn't
make sense to request updates of it. It's meant to make things easier
for the newcomers. Adding anything like DESTDIR feels too complicated
for anyone not touching build tools every day. If you follow the Wiki
page by copy&paste of the commands (+/- adding dependencies which your
distro may or may not have preinstalled), you get the build working
quite quickly.

By the way, `DESTDIR=Test make install`, though I do not understand why
you'd want to change the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX during the build at all.
        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: Reply To List (Ctrl+L in Evolution) works better for me on this
list than Reply To All.