Re: [Evolution-hackers] Building the Latest Source of Evolution

Hi,

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 22:32 -0500, Dr. Jason Amerson wrote:
I am trying to build Evolution Data Server and Evolution using the method
outlined in the Wiki.

Do you mean https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building ?

I was able to successfully get through the
instructions for Evolution Data Server. I have stalled on the part to
configure the build before make && make install. I am being told that the
packages libebook-1.2 and libecal-1.2 are not found.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/ allows searching for package names that
the "Ubuntu" distribution uses. I entered "libecal" on that website and
it listed "libecal1.2-dev" for development. Is that package installed?

I have searched for
them and cannot find them. These are required packages. Up until now, I
have been able to fix my own errors but now I need help. I am using Ubuntu
18.04 with the latest updates.

Cheers,
andre
--