Re: [Evolution-hackers] Building the Latest Source of Evolution

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 22:32 -0500, Dr. Jason Amerson wrote:
I am trying to build Evolution Data Server and Evolution using the method
outlined in the Wiki.

        Hi,
I suppose you mean:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building

I was able to successfully get through the
instructions for Evolution Data Server. I have stalled on the part to
configure the build before make && make install. I am being told that the
packages libebook-1.2 and libecal-1.2 are not found.

Those are provided by evolution-data-server and installed (as part of
`make install`) to the prefix you specified. Using the steps as they
are written on the Wiki (see above) makes it bullet proof, thus I guess
you made your own modifications, which diverged from the steps.

As the first try, I'd make sure you run `source $HOME/sources/build`,
aka you've properly setup the environment, as outlined here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building#Set_up_environment

Maybe consider the flatpak build, which is simpler to run:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak
or even better install the flatpak Evolution from flathub.org, which
saves you time, because you get working copy without a need to compile
anything.
        Bye,
        Milan