Re: [Evolution-hackers] A probelm with evolution software 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 15:16 +0100, Régis Ramel wrote:
Since I updated my computer from ubuntu 16.04 to ubuntu 18.04 and so
updated the software evolution

        Hi,
this looks like an evolution-list question, rather than
evolution-hackers. Also note, please, that 3.28.5 is very old, the
current upstream supported version series is 3.34.x.

Appointments displayed on the monthly view of the calendar doesn't
mention the appointments of the current day. So when you look at
eleven in the morning for example, you don't see the appointments in
the afternoon of the current day. You see only appointments beginning
the day after.

As long as you've there enough space (the month view is very limited in
this regard), then I'd say there is something odd with your time zone.
Or with the timezone conversion between your timezone in
Edit->Preferences->Calendars and Tasks, and the timezone the respective
events are in. When you open for example the Day view, do the events
show properly there, at a correct time? Being it about time zones, I'd
be afraid that the issue might not be only in evolution or
evolution-data-server, but also in libical or tzdata. I cannot tell for
sure (see below).

It's a regression which is really uncomfortable.

It would be great if you could fix this problem.

It's likely that the current stable version has that fixed. If you can
give it a try somehow, then it'll be appreciated. As I did not notice
this with 3.34.x, I'd guess it is fixed, but more detailed information
is needed to know for sure. The worst case scenario (for you) would be
that the current version has it fixed, in that case you might need to
ask your distribution maintainer to backport relevant patches, because
the upstream doesn't package for all distributions out there, it's done
by respective distribution maintainers.

        Bye,
        Milan