Re: [Evolution-hackers] Need help debugging owncloud caldav problem

On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 18:32 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 15:17 +0300, James Bottomley wrote:
DTSTART;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20131024T180000
DTEND;TZID="America/Los_Angeles;VALUE=":20131024T200000

Removing the quotes and the spurious ;VALUE= for the DTEND TZID causes
the event to become visible when evolution is restarted.  So, it looks
like something in the caldav connector is adding bogus data to the TZID
information.

      Hi,
I agree with you, the empty VALUE= should not be there. How the quotes
got around it is another question.

OK, so I found the reason for this.  There's a bug in the owncloud
calendar importer that adds an empty VALUE= label to DTEND

https://github.com/owncloud/calendar/issues/991

However, this doesn't excuse evolution's handling of it, because every
other caldav implementation silently ignores this whereas we mangle it
into a potentially unreadable timezone and then drop the event.  The
mangling seems to occur as part of the back end caching and is likely
the fault of libical.  I'll see if I can work out how to fix it.

James