Re: [Evolution-hackers] Refactoring contact editor

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 18:16 +0200, schaarsc wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 03.09.2014, 18:14 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
it sounds like Patrick Ohly's "[Evolution-hackers] custom labels"
discussion [1] from this year's spring. That's much more work than
just replace custom widgets with a stock expander.

besides of being more work than just removing code...
From my point of view there is still the unsolved issue on where to
store the custom label.
I'd rather like to see this standardized first instead of using
X-ABLABEL,

You mean, an official "ITEMLABEL" property (note that LABEL is taken in
vCard) in a future vCard RFC? While that would be useful, I wouldn't
hold my breath while waiting for it ;-)

 for example by allowing free text in TYPE or by adding a new
type (TYPE=CUSTOM;CTYPE=my-label)

Using a parameter instead of a property has the problem of not being
able to store arbitrary text. The MIME DIR spec simply doesn't support
it at the moment.

See the earlier mail thread referenced by Milan about this - as I said
there, my conclusion was that the limitations probably are acceptable
for the kind of values entered by users, but I am open for other
suggestions.

Bye, Patrick