[Evolution-hackers] Evolution Has Regressed Considerably

Hi

I'm running Fedora Rawhide with Evolution 3.13.6-1.fc22

Is it just me or has Evolution regressed to a point that its almost unusable  (especially with mobile
broadband)?

I reluctantly switched to Mozilla Thunderbird -- roughly two weeks ago.   I have been comparing the
performances and I have observed some consistency.  It is almost certain that the Evolution process must be
killed via the Monitor application or terminal because it gets stuck.  In contrast, Thunderbird quickly pulls
my mails  (same network, same connection).  Why?

I see lots of progress notifications at the status bar in Evolution.  They grow, ... and grow until there's no space to
contain the new notifications.  The clutter is disheartening.  The newest bizarre status is the "Unknown
background operation".  What is that?

While Thunderbird showcases some attractive features like "fields" which are useful for mail merges, I'd like
to get back to using Evolution.  What can be do to avert the current situation?

Regards

Onyeibo