Re: [Evolution-hackers] lookup S/Mime encryption certificates over LDAP?

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 13:48 +0200, RHE wrote:
Sounds great! Just found the code - it was submitted @ Sept. 2...
...based on your experience as GnomeDev, how quick can we expect to
have this module released within the application? (devel || stable)
...based on wiki info you have a monthly release schedule - or do
you might have NightlyBuilds on this already?

        Hi,
the monthly release is correct. I'm not aware of any nightly builds,
they are not done by the Evolution team for sure. I'm not sure whether
this will reach 3.12.x (stable), but it should reach the development
version (3.13.x) soon. If I'm not mistaken, then the merge is awaiting
for some fixes on the EWS side and then on a final review from dwmw2.

I guess Yumma or Dwmw are members of this list too, aren't they?

The should be, but just in case I added them to CC now.

Whats the current status?
Would be happy to test this in my Employers secure mail
environment...

Is there any eMail/Groupware client for Linux systems out there
that
supports Exchange-EWS Connectivity and S/Mime incl. certificate
(PublicKey) lookup from LDAP..?

When using EWS, evolution connects to the addressbook also with
EWS,
not with LDAP, but as I said above, it doesn't matter much, because
Yumma's module searches in all [1] configured address books.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] I didn't touch the code myself, neither review it, but I guess
it's "all configured books with enabled autocompletion" or
something
like that.

I expect it that way... for my case its important to be able to get
certificates from an additional LDAP Adressbook (besides those coming
from Exchange over EWS).

You might check whether evolution-data-server reads the certificate
from your LDAP server. I briefly looked into the code and it seems
like it should read the information from a "userCertificate" LDAP
attribute.
        Bye,
        Milan