Re: [Evolution-hackers] lookup S/Mime encryption certificates over LDAP?

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 13:14 +0200, RHE wrote:
Is there a way to make Evolution lookup for Recipient S/Mime
Encryption
Certificates (aka PublicKeys) from a LDAP addressbook when sending an
encrypted mail?
Or may be over an "LDAP Keyserver" which is technically the same
(more
or less)...

        Hi,
there is nothing at the moment, but...

If not, is there a Bug/FeatureRequest on this to follow the progress
and/or a planned release date?

...one of this year's GSoC projects involving evolution/evolution-data-
server was an NSS pkcs #11 module to provide user's certificates
looked-up from configured address books. The code is currently under
review and either Yumma or Dwmw might be able to tell you more details
about it.

Is there any eMail/Groupware client for Linux systems out there that
supports Exchange-EWS Connectivity and S/Mime incl. certificate
(PublicKey) lookup from LDAP..?

When using EWS, evolution connects to the addressbook also with EWS,
not with LDAP, but as I said above, it doesn't matter much, because
Yumma's module searches in all [1] configured address books.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] I didn't touch the code myself, neither review it, but I guess
it's "all configured books with enabled autocompletion" or something
like that.