Re: [Evolution-hackers] lookup S/Mime encryption certificates over LDAP?

On 08.10.2014 14:51, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 13:14 +0200, RHE wrote:
Is there a way to make Evolution lookup for Recipient S/Mime
Encryption
Certificates (aka PublicKeys) from a LDAP addressbook when sending an
encrypted mail?
Or may be over an "LDAP Keyserver" which is technically the same
(more or less)...

        Hi,
there is nothing at the moment, but...
Hi Milan,
thank you for your accurate information on this!

If not, is there a Bug/FeatureRequest on this to follow the progress
and/or a planned release date?

...one of this year's GSoC projects involving evolution/evolution-data-
server was an NSS pkcs #11 module to provide user's certificates
looked-up from configured address books. The code is currently under
review and either Yumma or Dwmw might be able to tell you more details
about it.
Sounds great! Just found the code - it was submitted @ Sept. 2...
...based on your experience as GnomeDev, how quick can we expect to have
this module released within the application? (devel || stable) ...based
on wiki info you have a monthly release schedule - or do you might have
NightlyBuilds on this already?

I guess Yumma or Dwmw are members of this list too, aren't they? Whats
the current status?
Would be happy to test this in my Employers secure mail environment...

Is there any eMail/Groupware client for Linux systems out there that
supports Exchange-EWS Connectivity and S/Mime incl. certificate
(PublicKey) lookup from LDAP..?

When using EWS, evolution connects to the addressbook also with EWS,
not with LDAP, but as I said above, it doesn't matter much, because
Yumma's module searches in all [1] configured address books.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] I didn't touch the code myself, neither review it, but I guess
it's "all configured books with enabled autocompletion" or something
like that.
I expect it that way... for my case its important to be able to get
certificates from an additional LDAP Adressbook (besides those coming
from Exchange over EWS).