Re: [Evolution-hackers] Developing a new protected message complement

On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 09:42 -0430, BECERRA Silvana M SIDOR wrote:
We are in the process of replacing Outlook with Evolution 3.4.4., and
we require to add a functionality to Evo mail subsystem, for this
purpose we're considering develop a Evolution EExtension/complement to
write protected mail messages.

It's hard to answer without knowing more details about what you mean by
"protected" messages.  Evolution already supports digital signatures and
encryption using either the OpenPGP or Secure MIME standards, which is
sufficient for most use cases.

Most likely you'll need to extend the Camel library, not Evolution
directly.  Evolution relies on Camel for most low-level mail operations.

If you're looking to add a new type of cryptographic security, then the
CamelCipherContext base class might be a good starting point.

https://developer.gnome.org/camel/stable/CamelCipherContext.html

Although the 3.4 release series is long since unsupported, I'm sure we
can work with you to add 3rd party extensibility where it's lacking in
the current supported release series.

Matthew Barnes