Re: [Evolution-hackers] GSoC project

Hi, I managed to reproduce the bug.

I used a local addressbook and imported the contact via vcard.
But looks like ldap backend handles the E_CONTACT_X509_CERT on e-book-backend-ldap.c::cert_populate()...

I noticed that when receiving a signed s/mime email from the contact, Evolution adds it to the certificate database, and you are able to send encrypted s/mime mail. Maybe as a quick workaround, the importers could add the certificate to the cert database, if they exist. Haven't thought on the possible issues, just a dirty idea.

About the required patch, I've been looking on bugzilla for a while now, but maybe there is a suggestion on a bug to look at?

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 00:55 -0500, Watson Sato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Watson, I'm new to the open source culture.
>
> I'm from Brazil, graduated in computer science. I've been working with
> Information Security for 4 years now, dealing with PKI, HSMs, tokens,
> PKCS#11, OpenSSL and stuff. I have always worked with closed source, I'd
> like to start working with open source software now, try to contribute.
>
> I got interested in the gsoc idea of implementing the small PKCS#11 module
> to handle certificates. I'm getting acquainted to Evolution source code.
>
> I tried to reproduce the related error described in Bug 704246, but I
> couldn't, certainly I'm missing something.

Hi, thanks for your email.

What you need to do to reproduce the error is create a contact in the
addressbook with a KEY: field, as shown in the example.

Do *not* add a certificate in the cert database for that person.

Then try sending an encrypted mail to them.

--
dwmw2

--
yuuma