Re: [Evolution-hackers] Backporting EWS GAL changes to 3.8

On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 20:03 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:

I expect, personally, if .2 release was building without any issue, that
I just fire the build and it'll build the same flawlessly also in .3+.
Thus I suggested on IRC to do the check on the stable version opposite,
add an option to actually use the stock libmspack, instead of forcing
not using it. Distro packagers sort of expect such (and bigger) changes
when packaging new major version, thus that's all fine on master.

Yeah, I understand that and completely agree in the general case.

However, in this case the old build was *broken*. We really *should* be
using the proper libmspack. In this case I *want* to make people jump
through extra hoops if they want to continue to build this the broken
way, after I've gone to the trouble of fixing it :)

It's not as if adding --with-internal-lzx is *much* extra work, if
that's really what they decide to do.

If you feel like me doing things unnecessary overcomplicated, then feel
free to commit it as is. After all, it's only my opinion (in a good
meaning of the words).

If it makes you feel better about the packaging work, I can go and file
a Fedora bug for the violation of the packaging guidelines; shipping a
hacked-up copy of parts of libmspack instead of using the real one? :)

When you package 3.8.3 for Fedora 19, you will *definitely* need to add
libmspack-devel as a BuildRequires, as part of the fix for that. If I
commit things as-is, that's *all* you'll have to do.

If I change things around as you suggest, you'll actually have to do
*more* work because you'll have to add the --without-internal-lzx option
to the configure line too :)

--
dwmw2