Re: [Evolution-hackers] crash in 3.8.2

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-05-12 at 16:37 -0300, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:
> bash-4.2$ export GDK_SYNCHRONIZE
> bash-4.2$ evolution
> Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/44-wqy-zenhei.conf", line 11:
> Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as
> expected
>
> (evolution:11791): Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'evolution' received an X
> Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement
> operation)'.

        Hi,

Hi Milan,

I would try to build-with/install debuginfo for evolution packages and
then run evolution like above, only under gdb, and get a backtrace where
it failed. Maybe it'll give a clue.

   $ GDK_SYNCHRONIZE=1 gdb evolution --ex r --ex "t a a bt"

I have tried this , and you can see what is the output here in the attached file.

Alternatively you can follow the hint of the crash, and do this:

   $ GDK_SYNCHRONIZE=1 gdb evolution --ex "b gdk_x_error" --ex r --ex "t a a bt"

but that might not work without debuginfo packages for gtk3 (gdb might
not find the gdk_x_error function).

By the way, do you compile evolution with clutter? (Clutter is basically
unsupported in evolution currently.) What is the GDK backend you use?
(It's known it crashes with wayland on start, though I do not know where
or why).
        Bye,
        Milan

I need to check if configure pick up clutter, also i need to check what backend is using gdk.
Will let you know.
And yes, I have a my own compilled version as i'm packaging it for our project, www.droplinegnome.org.

Rgds
Saxa