Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution crashes while creating appointment from Mail

Thanks Milan for confirming this.

I was playing with gdb for this issue and have little guess that it could be because of memory corruption Then you confirm it.

Let me start playing with valgrind as well.

With regards,
samarjit

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 15:44 +0530, samarjit Adhikari wrote:
> You are right Milan, it is also not crashing for simple text messages.
> But in my environment there are lot of multipart messages.

        Hi,
I think I got something similar with simple text message too. The thing
is that every detail matters, thus:
> "9. Now left click on any places of evolution.  It will crash"
is not the best description, because my "any place" was a message above
the currently selected. If I change it to:
  9a) left click on a MAPI account name in the folder tree
  9b) left click on MAPI's Inbox in the folder tree
then I get set of critical warnings on console and a crash of evolution.
This does it only with MAPI (I tested same steps with IMAP), but the
backtrace itself is different from that yours. In any case, I believe
it's related, if not the same issue as you have, thus please file a bug
into GNOME's bugzilla [1] and let's investigate further there.

> Could you give me some code hint so that I myself can start looking
> into it?

It's not that simple, it seems like a memory corruption or a misplaced
g_object_unref(), which is not easy to track. Tools like valgrind
usually help.

        Thanks,
        Milan

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution-mapi