Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution does not update mail folders when configured with gnome online accounts

	Hi,
I would say that this belongs to evolution-list, rather than here,
because evolution-hackers list is for developers, while evolution-list
is for users.

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:10 +0200, Hilary Wright wrote:
> I am using Evolution 3.4.2 on Fedora 17 beta. I have installed all
> updates as of today 16 May.
>
> I have been using Evolution for years, manually setting up my Google
> accounts from within Evolution and was able to get mail, calendars and
> contacts all working great. Until now.
>
> Because I cannot get to Google contacts by configuring Evolution
> accounts manually from within Evolution any more, I searched for an
> alternative.

That should still work, my older F17 lets me choose addressbook type
Google, in File->New->Addressbook. I suppose you'll have it there too.

> So, I configured my gnome online accounts to point to Google. I have
> three.
>
> Mail, Calendars and Contacts are configured automatically. Contacts
> work, Calendars work, but there is a problem with mail.
>
> Now when I start Evolution, it shows the Google email accounts and
> their folder trees correctly, but it does not update the messages
> automatically on start.
>
> When I click the send/receive button only the Inbox of each email
> account is updated. I have filters applied in Google mail which send
> messages directly to the relevant folder, bypassing the Inbox.
>
> Is Evolution supposed to update all folders? If so this would appear
> to be a bug.

I agree, it sounds like a bug, same as the behaviour you described
below.
	Bye,
	Milan