[Evolution-hackers] Evolution does not update mail folders when configured with gnome online accounts

Hello,

I am using Evolution 3.4.2 on Fedora 17 beta. I have installed all updates as of today 16 May.

I have been using Evolution for years, manually setting up my Google accounts from within Evolution and was able to get mail, calendars and contacts all working great. Until now.

Because I cannot get to Google contacts by configuring Evolution accounts manually from within Evolution any more, I searched for an alternative.

So, I configured my gnome online accounts to point to Google. I have three.

Mail, Calendars and Contacts are configured automatically. Contacts work, Calendars work, but there is a problem with mail.

Now when I start Evolution, it shows the Google email accounts and their folder trees correctly, but it does not update the messages automatically on start.

When I click the send/receive button only the Inbox of each email account is updated. I have filters applied in Google mail which send messages directly to the relevant folder, bypassing the Inbox.

Is Evolution supposed to update all folders? If so this would appear to be a bug.

Or is this not yet implemented? In which case I would request that it should be.

Now, if I go into preferences, account settings, I see that the options 'check every 10 mins' and 'check all folders are not ticked'. I try to enable them but the Apply button is greyed out.
I see that the port for the imap server is set to '0'. If I change this to '993' the apply button gets activated and I can tick the options and apply them.
However, when I stop and restart Evolution I get an error message saying that Evolution 'Cannot find a corresponding account in the org.gnome.OnlineAccounts service from which to obtain an authentication service.

So applying the options manually is no solution.

To restore things to the 'default' position, I delete the changed account manually in the Preferences/account settings. On restart Evolution creates the account again.

Any work-a-rounds would be greatly appreciated as not having the folders updated is a real problem for me.

BTW creating the accounts manually in Evolution does solve the problem BUT there is no way to enable google contacts without setting up the account in online accounts and if I do that I get the mail account twice!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Hilary