Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM server synchronization and Evolution online/offline state

Hi Matt,

Am Montag 07 Mai 2012, um 18:17:05 schrieb Matthew Barnes:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 17:17 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> >   It has already been agreed upon (see previous posts in this thread) that
> > such a synchronize() function is needed and that it can be triggered
> > from the EClients in a sensible way. Question is, how and when will it
> > be implemented so we can test the migrated evolution-kolab parts waiting
> > for that.
>
> Probably someone just has to do it.  Unfortunately I'm under heavy
> pressure from Red Hat to finish my branch ASAP, so I'm booked solid
> until probably early to mid-June.
>
> Maybe this is something Milan can take up, or even you yourself could
> start on the E-D-S side if you're not too busy.  Roughing in the new
> D-Bus method should be a fairly simple first step.

Given that DBus method was implemented, so I could place my sync points
there (i.e. call the existing evolution-kolab functions), how could that
function be triggered? AFAIK, we do not have an idea as yet how to make
that functionality available to the user via GUI.

IMHO, a dedicated sync button a user can press in any E-D-S frontend is
even more important for typical groupware backends (and the typical use
cases they see) than an automated detection of network availability and
an online/offline state deduced from that (which is more complicated to
implement I think, and it may be hard to keep the user informed of which
things are happening in the background).

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48