Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM server synchronization and Evolution online/offline state

Hi all,

Am Dienstag 08 Mai 2012, um 01:11:50 schrieb Philip Withnall:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 17:17 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Moreover, there's a GSoC project (see https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas)
> > for a backend cache infrastructure (the Ideas page still outlines
> > a Contact cache - is this up-to-date?).
> [...]
> Unfortunately, there are no GSoC students working on that idea — none of
> them showed any interest. :-(
>
> Milan did some design work on an API for the cache, though I've
> misplaced it at the moment. I don't know how this fits in with Kolab's
> current cache API, but code reuse is always good.

@Milan: Do you think you could post your API work here at e-h list?
That would give us something to base our discussion on. Even if no
GSoC student picks up the topic, your work should not be lost.

> I will hopefully have some time to work on this in a month or two, if
> nobody else has done so by then. My time is really limited up until
> mid-June though.

Same here, all the more reason not to do double efforts. :)

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48