Re: [Evolution-hackers] listening to signals from the message list

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 17:06 -0300, David Roguin wrote:
>> I'm writing a simple evolution extension. I've arleady have access to
>> the mail shell_window, but the problem I have is I can't find a way to
>> receive an event whenever the user select a message from the mail
>> list.
>> I've unsuccesfully tried to look for a GtkTreeView on the ui_manager
>> and I couldn't find anything in the EShell* docs.
>>
>> If anyone could point me into the right direction I'd be grateful.
>
> If you need the selected CamelMimeMessage as shown in the preview pane,
> I recently added an EMailReader::message-loaded signal that you can tap.
>
> See the "mdn" module for an example of connecting to this signal:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/modules/mdn/evolution-mdn.c
>
> Hope this helps,
> Matthew Barnes

It helped, but not quite the way I needed. Maybe I should explain a
little more what I am doing. First, I need to get the EShellWindow
because I'm adding a new button to the toolbar (Maybe there's another
way to do it, but using the UiManager is the only way I know). And
then I want to know when the user is selecting a message from the
message list so I know to which message the user is working on.

By the way, do you know how the message list is called?

Thanks!

--
David