Re: [Evolution-hackers] "make check" failing in the e-d-s gnome-2-32

Le mercredi 15 juin 2011 à 13:39 +0200, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 14:03 +0100, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:
> [snip]
> > Matthew Barnes wrote:
> > > You could probably get away with just using a date stamp instead of
> > > random characters for XXXXXX.  The key is really for each address book
> > > to have its own unique ESource ID.
>
> The attached patch uses mktemp to create a randomly-named tmp
> directory.
>
> [snip]
> > > To really automate the whole thing, the test environment is gonna have
> > > to set up some kind of private D-Bus session and launch the address book
> > > service prior to running the client-side tests, and then clean up after
> > > itself.  I think that's possible but it's a bit beyond my expertise at
> > > the moment.
> > >
> > > You can kinda see why I've been dragging my feet about fixing the tests.
> > > Haven't had enough spare cycles to really do it properly.
> >
> > For the e-d-s backend in libfolks (not merged into master yet) we do the
> > following for our tests:
> >
> > - set XDG_DATA_HOME, XDG_CACHE_HOME and XDG_CONFIG_HOME to a temp dir
> > - start new session bus
> > - run tests
> > - clean up temp dir
> >
> > Relevant files:
> >
> > http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/rgs/folks/tree/tests/eds/Makefile.am?h=eds-0.5
> > http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/rgs/folks/tree/tests/tools/with-session-bus-eds.sh?h=eds-0.5
> > http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/rgs/folks/tree/tests/tools/eds.sh?h=eds-0.5
>
> Many thanks for that. I've taken the relevant bits for e-d-s - see the
> attached patch against the gnome-2-32 branch. If this is OK, I can try
> to do this for the master branch.
>
> It seems to work, though make doesn't tell me more about what's
> happening with each test than "PASSED" so I am not really sure that
> anything much is happening.
>
> This sets the XDG_* variables, but doesn't seem to start the address
> book service, right? Or maybe that happens automatically via activation,
> though I worry that that would require "make install" before "make
> check".

Right - its D-Bus activated on the newly launched session bus. I am
guessing what we'd need is a .service file to point to the
e-addressbook-factory binary inside of e-d-s' source directory.

We could point the newly launched dbus-daemon to a special directory
of .service files via a <servicedir> stanza in a custom d-bus config
file.

Cheers,
Raúl