Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 2.28 obsolete?

Hi Matt,

On Thu 27 January 2011 Matt Davey wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the right list, as this is more of a policy
> question than a dev question.
>
> I recently logged a bug (#639970) that crops up every now and again for
> me, and it was closed as OBSOLETE because I raised it against Evolution
> 2.28.  This surprised me, because this 2.28 is the current shipping
> version for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Long Term Support).
> [...]

For the unpleasant but real truth, see Pauls answer.

As a quick workaround, however, if your own/company/whatever policy permits,
you could try and install Evo 2.30.3 from the PPA

https://launchpad.net/~jacob/+archive/evo230

and see whether it solves your problem.

But be aware, that
- Evo 2.30 is as obsolete as 2.28 is
- while Jacob does a nice job providing Evo 2.30 for Ubuntu 10.04,
  this version is neither supported by Upstream, nor by Ubuntu,
  so no more fixes will go into currently provided 2.30.3, unless there
  would be a 2.30.4 release by the Evo maintainers (chances are as
  close to zero as you can imagine).

Just 2 cent,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48