Re: [Evolution-hackers] WebKit port progress update

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 09:26 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> One thing I can say is that, this will be faster than the earlier
> method, for reason that even when we expand one attachment/mail, we
> rerender the entire mail and remember their previous states etc which
> is sort-a ugly. This approach only deals with the MIME part that you
> expand/hide and very simple and fast.

Well the current approach of making the attachment button and the
attachment itself two separate embedded widgets is suboptimal.  I know
GtkHtml doesn't handle resizing embedded widgets very well so maybe it
was done that way as a workaround?

Assuming WebKit is better at resizing embedded widgets, an easier
approach is to pack each button/attachment pair into a vbox and bind the
button's "expanded" state to the lower widget's "visible" state.  Then
you just have to embed one vbox per attachment, which should hopefully
avoid having to redraw the whole email when expanding an attachment.