Re: [Evolution-hackers] Base URI for "On This Computer"

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 09:18 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> Are you going to change ESourceGroup's base_uri to contain only the
> protocol for all the ESourceGroups? If yes, then I think it's not the
> best thing, because for example evolution-mapi uses as base uri
> "mapi://user server/", and each account you have configured and enabled
> in the preferences has its own group. It cannot be distinguished just by
> "mapi://", because for example (I believe) every user has its default
> calendar named "Calendar".

No, I'm not touching MAPI, only trying to fix the absolute path problem
with the "On This Computer" group.  Maybe instead of using "file://",
which already has an established meaning, we should just make one up so
the real absolute file system path is implicit.  Perhaps "local://", so
e_source_get_uri() would return "local://<<source-uid>>" and that would
fully describe an "On This Computer" source in the context of a given
source list.

Again, as far as I can tell the URI just needs to uniquely identify the
source.  It's not used -verbatim- to open files or connect to servers.