Re: [Evolution-hackers] Base URI for "On This Computer"

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 21:17 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Is there any reason why we can't just use "file://" as the base URI for
> the "On This Computer" source group?  No other group uses that scheme,
> so it seems we could identify the "On This Computer" group as "file://"
> as easily as "file://home/mbarnes/.evolution/calendar/local".  Plus it
> would solve a whole class of migration issues and help make moving to
> XDG base directories easier.
>
> I can't find anything that actually uses the source group's base URI to
> locate files -- everything I see uses a hard-coded path, which actually
> works out well for me in this case.

	Hi,
I'm not much sure what you are trying to do, but even you probably know,
the e_source_get_uri uses ESourceGroup's base uri and a relative uri of
the ESource to build the full uri, if not built/set an absolute uri on
the ESource already.

Are you going to change ESourceGroup's base_uri to contain only the
protocol for all the ESourceGroups? If yes, then I think it's not the
best thing, because for example evolution-mapi uses as base uri
"mapi://user server/", and each account you have configured and enabled
in the preferences has its own group. It cannot be distinguished just by
"mapi://", because for example (I believe) every user has its default
calendar named "Calendar".
	Hope that helps,
	Milan