Re: [Evolution-hackers] Couple new functions for ECal/EBook

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 11:21 +0530, chen wrote:
> Is it required ? Having it in ECalBackendStore simplifies the backend
> code to form the path based on the type (calendar,tasks,memos) at a
> single place rather than every backend doing it..

Forming the path at a single place instead of all the backends doing it
is definitely the goal.  My thought was just that ECalBackend can do it
as easily as ECalBackendStore, since ECalBackendStore does nothing else
with the URI + type it's given and the path still has to be shared with
ECalBackendCache somehow.

Moving it to ECalBackend seemed cleaner to me, but I can try to keep
things as is if you'd prefer to avoid the API break.

> Btw we could deprecate ECalBackendCache and update just
> ECalBackendStore.

I thought of that, but evolution-mapi still uses ECalBackendCache pretty
heavily.  Should we give Bharath and Milan some time to migrate off it
first?