Re: [Evolution-hackers] Want to contribute to evolution-mapi

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 00:54 +0530, Johnny Jacob wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 08:57 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 18:09 +0530, balaji cherukuri wrote:
> > > I am a software engineer, I want to contribute to evolution-mapi.
> > > Could you give some guidance how would I proceed.
>
> Awesome!
>
> Some more pointers :
> http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider#Download -
> This page has some information on compiling evolution-mapi (Sadly it
> is
> outdated. For evolution-mapi you would need to use git. and for
> openchange it is still in svn)
>
> http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPI_FAQ

I also have a version of my makefile, which does work and builds Evo
from GIT and openchange from SVN.  It will check out the latest stuff,
etc.  However, it is really geared towards working on Ubuntu 9.10.
Trying to do development on older distros means you need to rebuild a
LOT of the Gnome libraries, etc. (more than I wanted to bother with).

Other (new enough) distributions would surely work, but my makefile
doesn't handle them.  You can run it there anyway, it's just you'll have
to work out what packages you need to install on your own.